Why not fancy up a gift card by whipping up one of these simple origami card holders?
All you need is a sheet of A4 paper! After every step, remember to check the fold is neat and then crease firmly. If you don’t have a creasing tool, you can use the back of your thumbnail. Ready?
- If you’re using paper with a pattern or colour on one side, start with the plain side facing you.
- Fold in half (from side to side).
- Crease and unfold.
- One side at a time, fold the left and right edges in to meet the centre crease, then unfold.
- Taking each corner in turn, fold in to meet the crease made in the previous step, until all 4 corners are folded.
- Now fold in the left and right edges in to meet in the middle again.
- Turn the model over.
- Fold in half, top to bottom – crease and unfold.
- Take the bottom and fold up to just past the horizontal crease from the last step.
- Next, do the same with the top – fold down so it overlaps slightly.
- Now you should be able to tuck the top bit you’ve just folded down into the bottom bit…
- And we’re done! A standard gift card should fit into one of the pockets, then you can fold it in half ready for gifting – add a ribbon if you’re feeling extra fancy!